Close up and macro photography reveals a visual world that we often fail to notice. The detail of insects, flowers and even everyday objects presents the potential for creating beautiful images showing texture, pattern and colour. This is an exciting and challenging form of photography, but is accessible with even basic camera equipment.
This workshop will demonstrate the techniques and equipment required to produce high-quality macro and close up images. There will be a review of a range of alternative approaches, and demonstration of how modern software can further improve the quality and scope of macro images. There will also be some demonstrations and practical sessions for you to enjoy.
Topics will include:
- What is macro photography (and what isn’t)?
- The techniques for macro and close up photography
- Successful subjects for macro and close up work
- Use of light – natural, flash, studio
- Studio vs. field work
- Software options for macro images
- Presentation of macro photographs
This photography workshop is a combination of presentations, demonstrations and discussions. A macro photography set-up will give delegates hands-on experience of macro techniques during the day.